The Grosse Pointe Shores Improvement Foundation Mission:
“Personal Participation for Community Enhancement”
About The Grosse Pointe Shores Improvement Foundation:
- is a Michigan nonprofit corporation.
- has been granted tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as a public charity under Section 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi). Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes. Tax ID: 38-2560445. Please consult your tax advisor for further information.
- is an all-volunteer organization which raises funds for the improvement of the community through membership dues, contributions, gifts to the Endowment Fund , bequests, memorials, and other fund raising activities.
- is managed by a Board of Trustees of up to 42 GPSIF members, who are representative of the Shores community.
- responds to the need for improvements which, as a rule, are not provided for in a municipal budget.
- provides private means for the continuous improvement and conservation of the physical beauty of the Village of Grosse Pointe Shores, a Michigan City.
- and makes a significant contribution toward making Grosse Pointe Shores a more enjoyable place in which to live.